Reduction of Pain
Joint Mobility & Flexibility
Reduce anxiety & Stress, Promotes relaxtation
A deep massage using different techniques to help correct soft tissue problems e.g. sprains, strains and limited movement around a joint. Sports massage can help prevent injury, or help the body heal after an injury has occurred. Sports massage is not just for sports people it can help any soft tissue problem such as tense neck and shoulders.
ON THE SKELETAL SYSTEM
• Massage can help increase joint mobility by reducing any thickening of the connective tissue and helping to release restrictions in the facia.
• It helps to free adhesions, break down scar tissue and decrease inflammation. As a result it can help to restore range of motion to stiff joints.
• Massage improves muscle tone and balance, reducing the physical stress placed on bones and joints.
ON THE MUSCULAR SYSTEM
• Massage relieves muscular tightness, stiffness, spasms and restrictions in the muscle tissue.
• It increases flexibility in the muscles due to muscular relaxation.
• It increases blood circulation bringing more oxygen and nutrients into the muscle. This reduces muscle fatigue and soreness.
• It promotes rapid removal of toxins and waste products from the muscle.
ON THE CIRCULATORY SYSTEM
• Improve circulation by mechanically assisting the venous flow of blood back to the heart
• Decrease the heart rate due to relaxation
ON THE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM
• reduce oedema (excess fluid in the tissue) by increasing lymphatic drainage and the removal of waste from the system
• regular massage may help to strengthen the immune system, due to increase in white blood cells.
ALSO OTHER EFFECTS OF MASSAGE INCLUDE –
• reduce stress and anxiety by relaxing both mind and body
• create a feeling of well-being and enhanced self-esteem
• promote positive body awareness and an improved body image through relaxation
• ease emotional trauma through relaxation
* All information is provided by Massage Therapy UK – www.massagetherapy.co.uk